Who: anyone who wants to participate and can cut 4x4 squares. There's only room for 6 more people
What: an i-spy swap is easy! All you have to do is choose 10 different i-spy fabrics and cut 20 4x4 squares out of each fabric. Basically, you'll be cutting 200 squares out of 10 fabrics. Fat quarters work great.
I-spy fabrics are generally novelty cotton prints that are FUN for kids to look at. (no flannel)
You'll send all those fabrics to Jenn with a SASE to get your 200 fabrics back.
When: Send all fabrics in by March 26th get fabrics back by April 3rd. If you're from over seas, send your fabrics in a few days before March 26th.
1. Cut 20 4" squares out of each of 10 different novelty print fabrics (quilting quality cotton wovens - no flannel). A 1/4-yard cut or fat quarter will get you 20 4" squares, so you will be purchasing a total of about 2 1/2 yards of fabric. This is NOTHING when you consider all of the fabrics you will be getting back.
2. In order to avoid duplicates, everyone will need to search out unusual or obscure prints. Look for things that aren't available at chain stores like Walmart, Joann's or Hobby Lobby. Pick fun prints that you love!
3. Remember that we are looking for fabric with objects on it, not printy-prints. (A fabric with FLOWERS on it is very different from a FLORAL PRINT.)
4. No "licensed" prints: No Disney, Spongebob, Dora, John Deere, L.A. Lakers, etc.
5. Remember seam allowances! Be sure you can tell what you are looking at within a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square. Nobody wants only half of an object in their square -- cut them well! (Depending on your fabric choice, you may need to buy more than 1/4 yard in order to get an object into each cut square.)